Tuesday 6 July 2010

Delamere Forest

The Happy Hounds and I went to Delamere Forest on Sunday for a lovely walk. Mimi couldn't wait to jump out the car. The weather was lovely that time of the morning as it hadn't got too hot for the dogs. Even walking in the shade of the trees can get abit warm for them. We were stopped by a lovely gentleman who had two whippets with him. We did the usual chatting about sight hounds and what happens to them. I was explain about Mr Milo having his shy days when the man said 'Your from GRWE and I am sure I have met your dogs before.' It is strange how people know your dogs but not you. I doubt the hounds have been out and about with out me so it must have been at an event somewhere. Small world! We carried on with our walk but Mr Milo was starting to feel tired and was dragging his paws along. Mimi was pleased to see and horse which past us and looked disappointed when I wouldn't let her play with it. Maybe next time Mimi. Once back to the car, fed and watered we head off home not before stopping off at Lady Hayes to buy some material to make cushions, spent more than I should have done but what the heck you can't take it with you!

No comments: